Proverbs Verses to Study
KJV Proverbs 8:1
1. Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
KJV Proverbs 7:2-4
2. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. 3. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart. 4. Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
KJV Proverbs 9:17-18
17. Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. 18. But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.
KJV Proverbs 10:25-26
25. As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation. 26. As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.
KJV Proverbs 18:4
4. The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.
KJV Proverbs 24:10-14
10. If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. 11. If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; 12. If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works? 13. My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste: 14. So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
KJV Proverbs 24:30-31
30. I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; 31. And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
KJV Proverbs 25:4
4. Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer.
KJV Proverbs 25:11
11. A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
KJV Proverbs 25:15
15. By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone.
KJV Proverbs 25:18
18. A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow.
KJV Proverbs 25:19
19. Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint.
KJV Proverbs 26:22
22. The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
KJV Proverbs 26:23
23. Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.
KJV Proverbs 30:14
14. There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.